The main aim of the research network is to:
- Connect the institutionally scattered anthropological and ethnographic research in and on technology and enable analytical comparisons across technology fields;
- Create an outstanding research environment for PhD students, postdocs and established researchers, strategic research organisations and the business community;
- Reinvigorate the study of technology as well as relevant classic themes in anthropology;
- Develop crosscutting theoretical and methodological concepts such as technological communities, routinization, optimization and anthropological approaches to datafication;
- Enhance the researchers’ opportunities to take further leadership in international, inter- disciplinary research, pursue international funding schemes and initiate research consortiums.
The network is organised around four international research seminars and a closing conference that will give the network participants a unique opportunity to engage with epistemological, ontological, methodological and ethical questions pertaining to technology that run across the specific technology domains.
The network is funded by the Independent Research Fund Denmark | Humanities in 2018-2019.